Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Wedding: Part II

Then my Dad and uncle arrived to drive me to the site. It was such a touching moment to come out of my room and see him waiting for me. He had decorated the car with white flowers, and it was so so beautiful. I'll never forget that fifteen minute drive from the hotel to the site.

When we got there I went to meet my bridesmaids at a little cottage near the ceremony entrance. It was sort of tucked away from all of the commotion and hidden from view by a rose garden. The staff met up with us to serve us some more champagne (yes, everyone seemed to be having a lot of champagne at this wedding).





































Going over my vows one final time.



My neighbor made all of the flowers for the wedding with two of her friends. They were so beautiful.
Our wedding invitations. The typewriter, which was Edwin's very first Christmas gift to me, was our guest book.



I named the table numbers after places that had a special significance to our relationship. Places such as:
Silverlake, which Edwin introduced me to for it's amazing crafting community and raw food enthusiasts.
Costa Mesa, for The Lab which has loads of vintage shopping and Native Foods, one of our favorite restaurants.
As well as the Fresno Tower District (a charming retro area in his hometown), and a few districts in Long Beach that hold a special place in our hearts either because we lived there or were frequent visitors.


I love embroidery, so I stitched all the table numbers by hand. My family and I also made all the paper peonies that were on the tables.



Pretty cake topper by Bnathari via Etsy. The cake table was by Sweet & Saucy Shop in Long Beach. The cake looked so delicious, but to be honest, we never had time to eat our slices until we got back from our honeymoon. Has anyone ever actually saved the top tier of their cake to eat on their one year anniversary? We saved it for one week.




A banner I made for the welcome table.

After a few hours it was time to get married!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my!
    You are a stunning bride. Not to mention that wonderful dress you're wearing.
    I'm a huge wedding aficionado and this one takes the cake (ha!). Speaking of that little cake, I am in love. Thank you for all of your sweet/thoughtful comments. I hope to be blog pals!

    xx,
    natali

    ReplyDelete